These days late winter days it is Carnival. Carnival is a time to enjoy open-air parties, masquerades, masked balls, historical/political re-enactments, and street performances.
To mark the occasion, we at HERE Technologies are launching Sprint 3 of our major speed campaign. This time we will be focusing only on the Benelux!
Our main goals are still:
- Checking the street segments where ‘discontinuous’ speed limit situations are displayed and which appear to be incorrect.
- To contribute to EU ISA regulations and to the improvement of road safety.
To do this we have identified new areas for which we ask you to resolve Map Alerts. Resolved Map Alerts will be counted from 1 March 2022 for rewards.
How do I join this challenge?
- Everyone is welcome and can participate at https://mapcreator.here.com
- To access go to Dashboard, then to Your campaigns and search for one of these:
- The Netherlands – SpeedIt ISA Campaign
- The Netherlands – SpeedIt ISA Campaign Sprint 2
- Belgium – SpeedIt ISA Campaign
- Belgium – SpeedIt ISA Campaign Sprint 2
- Luxembourg – SpeedIt ISA Campaign
- Luxembourg – SpeedIt ISA Campaign Sprint 2
- Duration: 1 March to 30 April
- Statistics: one month after the start of the challenge.
- Read the instructions correctly and select the right button according to your actions:
- “I have made the required update”: error detected, and speed limit changed.
- “Checked”: correct map and no change to be made.
- “I don’t know”: unknown situation; this map alert remains visible to other users in the community.
- “The road does not exist”: to be ignored.
- Mapillary is available to help you in certain situations by displaying the most recent images.
- Only permanent speed limits can be changed
Tips and tricks:
- Use the ‘Speed Limit’ quick info layer view by clicking on the boxed icon in the screenshot below:
- Extra information: https://whats-new-bnl.blog/2021/01/29/quick-displays-in-map-creator/
- Solve a minimum of 500 map alerts to be eligible for the prize:
- 1st place: 150 euros of Amazon/bol.com vouchers
- 2nd place: 100 euro Amazon/bol.com voucher
- 3rd place: 70 euro Amazon/bol.com voucher
- 4th to 10th place: a set of HERE Technologies goodies
Any questions? Any doubts?
Join us in our Facebook group and follow us on Twitter! And, as always, in case of any questions or feedback regarding this topic, interact on our Discussion Board (Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg) or send us an email to email@example.com. 😃
Good luck and have fun!
Benelux Community Team