Let’s talk about Map Alerts this week 😃 The reason why we want to introduce you to this topic is because we would like to make you aware of how to find these Alerts and how to solve them.
What are Map Alerts?
Map Alerts (MA) are situations that should be checked because the use of “big data” or other sources indicates that there may be changes such as for example:
- a new geometry
- a change in direction of travel
- a new roundabout,
- a point of interest that has been closed
- data that is not complete
- and other cases
This analysis makes us suspect that there may be an update, although this is not always the case, which is why local knowledge is important.
How to view Map Alerts?
- The first thing we must do to correctly view Map Alerts (MA) is to work at an appropriate zoom level, so we recommend that you have a zoom level of 16. You can increase the zoom level until the number 16 appears in the url.
- In order to view Map Alerts, you must enable this layer. In Support Layers, enable “Map Alerts”
- When you enable Map Alerts, a new window will appear showing the Map Alerts in your area (Viewport List). If they do not exist, in the Viewport view, change to Country List and a list of active Map Alerts in your country will be displayed – these are the alerts exposed by externals.
- To view the alerts created by internal campaigns – Open“Your stuff” menu:
- Click on “Campaign List”:
- Then you will have a List of Your Campaigns. The Active ones are under Active Campaigns (green bar) and the Expired ones under Recently expired Campaigns (gray bar).
- If you click in one of the campaigns the map, it will center in the area/country where the campaign is running. (taking the example of PRT POE LUGARES MAPA PCONCE). The name of the campaign selected will now appear on the Map Alert Window on the top.
How to solve Map Alerts
- By following above-mentioned instructions, you will have a list of Map Alerts to be solved. Click one of the Map Alerts and this it will open the bellow screen where you have the options add, update remove or verify (depending on the type of Map Alert).
- Choose one action and then proceed with the action that you want to perform, and then close the Map Alert.
- Use user comments to see what kind of question we are asking for.
Would you like to find and solve some Map Alerts is practice? Start to play Part 2 of Map My Summer ’19 campaign and have a chance to win an attractive prize! 😃
If you have more doubts you can always find one answer and publish your questions in the Discussion Board (NLD, BEL, LUX) in Map Creator or sent one e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check this small video tutorial to see what we described above. 😃
HERE Community Team Alicja
One thought on “Map Creator: Map Alerts”